How can I report a User profile?
We're constantly iterating on our security measures to prevent malicious users from abusing our platform. We regularly monitor our access logs but we aren't able to verify all jobs as they're posted, so we also rely on your assistance to perform your own due diligence and help identify potential bad actors.
How to report a candidate in the Recruiting area:
1. Open the conversations https://wellfound.com/recruit/conversations
2. Select the conversation with the specific Candidate.
3. Click on the Red Flag in the overview section.
How to report the User via the Public page:
1. Open the Public user profile (the URL should look like https://wellfound.com/u/*USERNAME*)
2. Press the "Report this profile' button to the right from the Name
How to report a company profile. Please follow the link
As you interact with other users on the site, here are some red flags to look out for. Keep in mind that this isn't a comprehensive list - bad actors are continuing to try new ways to get others’ personal data for illegitimate reasons.
- Someone representing a company but not doing so from an official company-related email domain, especially if they're using an email like "hr-recruiting.desk" at a free email provider.
- Someone saying your application has been accepted/you're hired before applying or interviewing for a job.
- Conducting interviews via text message or chat clients.
- "Self-funded" internships or jobs that require you to pay an application fee.
- Any company that sends you a check and asks you to wire money somewhere else.
- People privately offering a loan to you or your company through Wellfound
- Anything that sounds too good to be true.
- Any email purporting to be from (or via) Wellfound that doesn't come from an *@wellfound.com address.