How do I report a bad actor or violations of Wellfound's code of conduct?
At Wellfound, we're constantly iterating on our security measures to prevent malicious users from accessing other users' candidate profiles. We regularly monitor our access logs but rely on your assistance to perform your due diligence and help identify potential bad actors.
As you interact with other users on the site, here are some red flags to look out for:
Keep in mind that this isn't a comprehensive list - bad actors continue trying new ways to get others' data for illegitimate reasons.
- Someone representing a company but not doing so from an official company-related email domain, especially if they're using an email like "hr-recruiting.desk" at a free email provider.
- Someone saying your application has been accepted/you're hired before applying or interviewing for a job.
- Conducting interviews via text message or chat applications.
- "Self-funded" internships or jobs that require you to pay an application fee.
- Any company that sends you a check and/or asks you to wire money somewhere else.
- People privately offering a loan to you or your company through Wellfound.
- Anything that sounds too good to be true
If you've been subject to anyone in our system who violates our code of conduct or exhibits the behaviors above or any additional red flags, please report them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using our reporting tool.
To use the reporting tool
You'll see "Report" links across the site
To report on company profiles:
1. Click the vertical '...' button and press Report Profile to the right of the company profile subtitles.
2. When filling out the report, please provide as much detail as possible in your report, including email addresses, profile URLs, and the red flags exhibited. Our team will review these carefully for moderation. To report on candidates in Source and Applicants :
1. To the right of the candidate profile, click on the red flag icon that says Report Profile
2. When filling out the report, please provide as much detail as possible in your report, including email addresses, profile URLs, and the red flags exhibited. Our team will review these carefully for moderation.