How do I Reject an applicant? Does it send a message?
There are three ways to reject an applicant. You can either reject from the candidate card, bulk reject, or let the application expire. Once a candidate is rejected, they cannot reach out to the company.
Reject from candidate card with or without a note
- Sign in to an account connected to your company profile.
- In recruiter mode, navigate to Applicants from the top toolbar or click here.
- Search on the left-hand panel for the role you want to manage. Once you find the job posting, click on it to bring up the applicants on the right-hand side.
- Click anywhere on the candidate card to view their full details. You can also use the left and right arrow hotkeys to flip through your candidates from this window.
- To reject with a custom note, click on the 'notepad' button to the right of the 'Reject' button or press the hotkey 'R.'
- To quickly reject without a note, click the 'Reject' button in the bottom left corner or use the hotkey 'X'. They will receive an automated notice ( see below for example).
- You can then adjust the message or press 'Change template' in the top right to adjust the template.
- When ready to reject, scroll to the bottom of the card and press 'Reject the application and send message.'
Allow an Application to Expire
It takes two weeks of inactivity for an application to expire. If the application expires before you respond, we will send this email:
To bulk reject a candidate, please follow this guide here.
- Accept and reject templates are only available on Essentials and Recruit Pro plans. To upgrade to Essentials, click here, and to upgrade to Recruit Pro click here.
- Applicants for ATS synced jobs will not be sent rejection notices. Their applications will show as 'status updates offline' to indicate that the management of their application is done from an external service.