How do I edit my job profile?
A Job Profile presents your work history, education, achievements, and preferences to recruiters. The following guide goes over how to access your profile and edit each section.
You must fill out your profile in our system rather than relying on linked social media links or else companies will not be able to find you in our system.
To access your job profile:
1. Sign in to your account
2. Click on your avatar in the top right corner.
3. Click on Edit Profile or click here.
4. From the top toolbar, click on Overview to preview what recruiters will see.
5. From the editing area, it is important to fill out each page. This includes Profile, Resume, Preferences, and Culture. The steps for each section are outlined below with individual guides.
Click here to go to the profile page.
Sections and Guides:
- Profile image
- Primary Role
- Open to Following Roles
- Social Profile links
- Work Experience
- Skills - make sure to emphasize the skills you currently want to work in that you have experience with
- Identity - optional
Click here to go to the resume page.
Resumes are great! But adding your most relevant experience directly to the profile is far more helpful as it is searchable in our system.
We advise only including contact information that you want to be public on the resume. Remember that recruiters can reach out to you directly from Wellfound, and you can always share additional details in conversation.
Click here to go to the preferences page.
- Where are you in your job search? ( This allows you to adjust your profile status and visibility)
- US work authorization
- What type of job are you interested in?
- What locations do you want to work in?
- Remote Work preferences
- What is your desired salary?
- Would you like to work at companies of these sizes?
Click here to go to the culture page.
- Describe what you are looking for in your next job - This shows as Looking for on the overview page.
- What environment do you work better in?
- What's most important to you in your next job?
- How important is your next job's flexible remote work policy?
- How important is it that you work in a quiet office?
- Which markets are you MOST interested in working in?
- Which markets are you NOT willing to work in?
Want to refine your profile to maximize your chances of matching with an employer?
Check out this article on 10 tips to Help your Profile Stand Out
Take the next step
Once you finish your profile, we encourage you to take the next step and apply for roles.
Check out this guide! How do I apply for a job?